Monday, July 9, 2012

The Holy Spirit

On June 30th the devotional, Jesus Calling, has an entry that spoke exactly what God has been showing me this year.  Inviting the Holy Spirit to be a part of us on a daily basis is how we can be in tune to God's will for us minute by minute.  That gut feeling you get sometimes?  That is the Holy Spirit.  I have been learning to ask God to fill me with the Holy Spirit so that I can be the best Godly woman, mother, I can be.  God guides me daily.  Having the Holy Spirit in my life has helped me resist temptations and to know when I need to change something in my life.

Sometimes I think we forget about the Holy Spirit and focus on God and Jesus.  But it is the trinity that we are rewarded when we ask Jesus into our heart and lives.

As single moms, we don't have that partner to help us raise our children.  I have heard many people say that God can fill our missing pieces in our lives... and I get that, however I am not going to sit here and act like because I have God in my life, that I don't have lonely times, or with I had someone to cuddle with or even share ideas with.  It is so much easier to raise children when there are two minds coming together to figure out what to do.  Well, having the Holy Spirit in my life is helping me in that area.  The Holy Spirit shows me how to raise my children, gives me peace when I am on the right track and gives me a sign when I am not. Think about this.

Jesus Calling - June 30th
I am the Truth: the One who came to set you free. As the Holy Spirit controls your mind and actions mor fully, you become free in Me. You are increasingly released to become the one I created you to be.  This is a work that I do in you as you yield to My Spirit. I can do My best handiwork when you sit in the stillness of My Presence, focusing your entire being on Me. 

Let My thoughts burst freely upon your consciousness, stimulating abundant Life.
I am the Way and the Truth and the Life. As you follow Me, I lead you along paths of newness: ways you have never imagined. Don't worry about what is on the road up ahead. I want you to find your security in knowing Me, the One who died to set you free.


"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." John 8:32


For it is God who works in you to will and to act according t His good purpose. Philippians 2:13

No comments:

Post a Comment