Monday, April 9, 2012

DREAM - Word of the year 2012

My word this year is DREAM!

Every year I pick a word that represents what I want to accomplish that year in my life.  I started this awhile back when my life was full of chaos and I needed to accomplish deep emotional healing in my life.  So far my words have been:

(2009) Forgiveness - I needed to be freed from the anger I felt towards my ex, it consumed my life and I didn't want to live that way anymore.

(2010) Peace - This one went with the forgiveness year and a peace came with the forgiveness.  However, I still had anxiety issues surrounding some things, and needed to be healed from that.

(2011) Whole - I needed to be whole again.  To feel whole again.  When a marriage breaks up, you are ripped in half and you need to heal those wounds in order to be whole again.

and now (2012) Dream - I am starting to dream again.  Dream about what God has planned for me.  Dream about being fulfilled.  Dream about my future.

God is so faithful to me!  Every year He shows me what my word needs to be.  (As if I thought I had control over it!)  I have learned that when I pick a word, or God picks a word for me, that it is not how I will feel that year.  For example, when I picked peace as my word in 2010 I did not feel peace at all that whole year.  As a matter of fact that year was filled with anxiety.  However, through what happened that year, I was able to get peace in my life. (SO worth it!)

For me Dream means that I can start to have dreams again.  For so many years I have forgotten how to dream.  During my marriage I was holding on for dear life to keep our family together.  When that broke up, I spent the next years trying to help everyone find happiness in our chaos.  I just kept trying to fix everything to make everything better.  Of course it isn't fixable... but I tried with everything I had.  My family fell apart and it was all completely out of my control.  I was depressed and just did what I needed to do each day.

Through forgiveness, finding peace and becoming whole again, I am now at a place where I am content with my life.  I am happy, actually happy.  I don't feel like I need anything.  But I can dream for some things that I may want.  I can dream about fulfilling God's call on my life.  I can dream about having a future with a man some day.  My dreams are endless.  The point is that I finally feel like I can dream.  How exciting is that?

I want to challenge each of you to find one dream and write it down.  Put it in your dresser or some place special.  It is ok to have dreams.  Yes, our lives are consumed by our children and creating a safe environment for them, but we can have dreams too.  God is showing me that this year.  Ask Him to reveal a dream you may have inside you that you may not even realize is there.  Share them with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment