Wednesday, May 2, 2012

God!

I am beyond excited for what God is doing for Single Moms here is Minnesota right now!  I can hardly stand it!  Two to three years ago, God called me back to my 'home' church.  I hadn't gone there regularly for ten years.  I was so comfortable in the church I was in.  They had an amazing single moms group and I loved being with all of them. I was so frustrated because I knew my old church was a family church.  "Really God?  Why are you making me go back to a church where there are no single parents?  No divorces? Just families?  I will never fit in!"  I fought God for probably six months but finally gave in.

It was so obvious to me that we were in the right place.  My kids were flourishing!  I thanked God because that was what was important.  I would sacrifice my comfort for them... but I felt forgotten by God, but knew that this is what was right.

In these past two years, God has given me friendships that I never knew I would have.  Friendships with married women!  Plus, God was laying on the heart of two of our pastors to start supporting single moms.  Now I am the leader of a single moms group and we have 20 ladies (and one man)!

I am so blessed!  By following God's plan for my life, by actually listening to him... He has taken care of everything.  Everything I was losing from my other church, He has fulfilled and then some.  Not only that, but we sometimes partner with my other church, so I still get to see my friends and experience their love for single moms!  God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment