Friday, October 19, 2012

Miss Independent


It is MEA weekend and I am determined to get some stuff done around my house.  I am often so busy that I don't get the big items done that I would like to.  Today I conquered half the basement.  I needed to vacuum the spider/cob webs for over a year.  Plus, I would like to make the basement a little play area/craft room.  I don't know if that will ever happen, but at least I can clean it enough that I am not afraid of the spiders when I go do laundry.

While I was vacuuming all the webs and other crud all over, I was thinking this is something my ex-husband would have done when we were married. I find myself getting frustrated when I am stuck doing something that I wouldn't have to do if I were still married.  This is when the devil likes to take hold of my thoughts and run with them.  I start to get angry and end up having my own little pity party.  But then something fabulous happens...  once I have started to see what I am accomplishing, I start to feel empowered.  Ooooo I can do this.  Sure it sucks, but I am doing it.  My basement is starting to look good again.  I rock!  This feeling of accomplishment comes over me and I start feeling proud of myself.  I realize I can do anything I put my mind to and I start praising God for keeping me able to do these things.  Thanking him for making me independent so I can do these things and others (not to mention raise my family) all by myself.

Now, I am laying in bed and I feel great about what I have accomplished today.  God is good.  I am good.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment