Thursday, August 16, 2012

What I miss

Very rarely do I feel lonely being a single adult woman.  When it hits me the most is when there are things going on that are for couples and then I sort of feel left out.  But usually the feeling only lasts a couple of minutes.  See for me, I have such a peace about the lack of drama in my life now that I am single.  So I relish in that when I start to feel that way.

However, lately I have been really noticing that I do not have a mate in my life, someone to share life with.  I think it is because there are some major things going on in my life that I wish I had someone to talk about it with.  Someone to have as a sounding board, to throw ideas off of.  Even someone to give me advice and point me in the right direction in my thinking.

My ex and I were able to talk things through a lot, it was one of the strong parts of our marriage.  When things got bad (when it pertained to others not us) we were able to talk things through.  So I guess it is easy to miss the good parts of my marriage when I don't have that now.

Don't get me wrong, the bad out weighed the good by far, especially in the end.  So even though I am missing this one part, I am reminded often about what I do not miss.

I just thought I would share how I am feeling lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment