Sunday, March 18, 2012

Paper Plates

You are all going to think I am crazy but I just discovered PAPER PLATES!  I was brought up in a home where my mom set a table for every meal we ate.  We always had place mats, a folded napkin, matching dishes and condiments in bowls not their bottles.  So, I have always tried to live up to that model I was taught.  I came to realize years ago that I am not my mom... not even close.  Even when I was married I would put the food in the container I was going to store it in on the table when serving dinner.  Why dirty more dishes right?

Dishes are my challenge, I always feel like I am doing dishes.  Well a couple of weeks ago I decided to try paper plates.  I thought I could just use them for breakfast and lunch. It was a hard decision for me, not only because of the way I was brought up but also because I am sensitive about taking care of our environment. But I had to try it and I am telling you this has changed my life! Ok, I am being a little dramatic, but seriously I can not believe what a load this has taken off my chores at home.  I have even started using them for dinner and everything.  Did you know if you buy the nicer ones, you can put them in the microwave? I always find them on sale, so spending $3 on paper plates that last a couple weeks, is totally worth it to me.  AND by saving all the time not doing dishes, I am actually picking up a little more around the house.

I'm telling you ladies, it is the little things that make me so happy.  Find the little things that can help you make life easier.  Isn't that really what we need?  Anything and everything that can make our lives easier?  Maybe you can't change to paper plates, but what is something that you can find that can add a little more time in your life? Share your ideas with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment